LITTLE ILFORD SCHOOL
Headteacher – Ian Wilson
Learning Together, Achieving Together, Succeeding Together
REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2017
Autism Provision Teaching Assistants
Little Ilford School’s Autism Provision is due to open in September 2017. We are seeking to appoint five highly motivated and enthusiastic teaching assistants to support our first cohort of students with Autism and severe communication needs.
The role includes supporting students within the provision, in mainstream lessons and during social times as well as supporting the development of the provision under the direction of the Autism Provision manager.
• Be good communicators and able to work as a member of a team;
• Have a commitment to professional development;
• Be open-minded and creative in meeting student’s individual needs;
• Be able to deal positively and calmly with students who have a high level of
• Be able to take part in swimming lessons and life skills trips and prepared
to support students with personal care.
• Be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of students with
Autism and severe communication needs;
• Have a minimum ‘C’ GCSE English and Maths and a relevant NVQ level 2-
3 or equivalent;
We can offer:
• A challenging and rewarding role within an innovative and dynamic
• A friendly and supportive working environment in brand new purpose built
• Training and opportunities for professional development;
• Ownership of the role;
• The opportunity to have a significant impact on students’ development in a
supportive and innovative provision.
To apply, obtain further information or for an informal discussion please contact Debbie Silvestri on 020 8928 3548 /email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to JobsGoPublic.com
The closing date is Friday 23rd June 2017
Little Ilford School, Rectory Road, Manor Park, London E12 6JB
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.