Tollgate Primary School
Learning Support Teacher
Required for September 2017
Tollgate Primary School is a fully inclusive mainstream school, which is resourced for children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
We are looking for an experienced teacher (at least two years) who has a keen interest or knowledge in working with children with ASD. This is a great opportunity for an established teacher who is looking to specialise in SEN/ASD but would like to remain within the mainstream setting.
Your role will include:
• Planning structured programs for children with ASD
• Leading a small team of support staff
• Teaching children with ASD in 1 to1 and small group settings.
• Support all staff in understanding the needs of children on the ASD spectrum
• Develop partnerships with parents/carers to ensure that their views are considered and acted upon appropriately
• Plan the use of resources, teaching activities and target setting, maintaining a recording system for progress of pupils with ASD
We would welcome applications from people who are passionate about the equality of provision and pupil outcomes, enthusiastic, very organised and ready for a challenge that is both interesting and rewarding.
Pre interview visits to the school are strongly encouraged for candidates to understand the nature of the post. Please contact Margaret Patient at the school direct.
Apply online at NPW
Closing date: Wednesday 28th June 2017
Observations and Interviews: Friday 7th July 2017
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.