Britannia Education Trust
(Ofsted Outstanding 2012/2013)
Child Safeguarding & Home Support Officer
Contract: PO1 - (Term Time Only – Pro Rata of annual salary) points 33-36 pa – 32 hrs per week
Annual Salary Range: £31,170 - £33,444 (2016 range)
Location: Newham, close to West Silvertown DLR
Would you like to work in a creative, exciting and supportive learning environment?
Britannia Village Primary School is at the heart of one of the most dynamic and rapidly changing areas in Europe, serving a diverse and multicultural community.
At our core, is a strong nurturing ethos and we strive to make a real difference to the life chances of our pupils with excellent links with the local community and families. We are searching for candidates which share this ethos.
We are looking for candidates who are able to reach out and work with our families, making a difference and building strong relationships between home, school and outside agencies. Our motto is: ‘It takes a whole village to educate a child’. The advertised role is important in ensuring that this happens on a day to day basis.
We are a 2 form entry school with class sizes of 20 (3 classes per year group) and 456 children on roll. Our school is also on the brink of expansion as we move towards opening a new school in 2018 as part of our newly formed Multi-Academy Trust – bringing new faces into our school community.
Candidates should have drive, ambition and a commitment to high standards with the confidence, knowledge and experience to step-in, support, nurture and make a difference.
This role is pivotal in supporting the teaching and learning of pupils who may be facing many kinds of different challenges, preventing them from achieving their potential. We value your personal development and you will be well supported with relevant training.
We are looking for a passionate and highly skilled professional who can undertake a broad range of safeguarding/home-school related duties. The successful applicant will report to the Headteacher, be able to work as part of an inclusion team but must also be able to work independently and use their own initiative.
We are seeking an individual with the following qualities:
• Highly professional individual with integrity and sensitivity.
• Experience in dealing with confidential work.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
• Knowledge of relevant, up to date procedures & legislations and demonstrable ability to apply these to practice, including: safeguarding and child protection.
• Experience of assessments and childcare planning for children in need and their families in a multi- cultural environment.
• Managing a case load of Looked-After Children, Child Protection, Child in Need and Early Help cases.
• Ability to facilitate direct work with children and their families.
• Excellent communication skills with the knowledge and experience to deliver interventions with children and families.
• Liaise effectively with other agencies and where appropriate to be involved in multi-disciplinary work
• Have a flexible approach to organising workload.
• A warm, welcoming personality with a good sense of humour and a drive to achieve the greater good.
Britannia Village Primary School is committed to inclusion, equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo full and appropriate enhanced employment checks, disqualification declaration, qualifications and references.
Visits to the school are warmly invited. Please make an appointment to meet with the Headteacher.
Please call or email Rachael Thackery, School Business Manager to arrange.
Telephone: 0207 511 5412
Application forms are available email: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
Closing Date: 23rd June 2017
Interviews to be held week beginning: 26th June 2017
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Please call or email Rachael Thackery, School Business Manager to arrange a visit or request an application pack.
Britannia Village Primary School, Westwood Road, E16 2AW
Telephone: 0207 511 5412
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly http://www.britannia-village.newham.sch.uk/