Qualified early years educators
Level 3 childcare and early education or equivalent
Sheringham Nursery School
London E12 5PB
0208 553 2479
Scale 4: £19,917- £21,984 pro-rata
36 hours per week, term time only
Sheringham is a highly successful Newham Nursery School, rated Outstanding by Ofsted. We have a happy and vibrant working environment. We are a designated National Teaching School and we offer excellent opportunities for your continuing professional development.
We are recruiting for the following two vacancies:
• A full time early years educator, based in our provision for 2 year-olds
• A full-time early years educator based in our provision for 3 and 4-year-olds.
Please indicate in your application form if you are interested in both of these, or just one.
Are you a well-qualified early years practitioner with enthusiasm, energy and commitment to high quality early years education?
Do you have a sound understanding of child development and the Early Years Foundation Stage, and a strong commitment to children learning through play, inside and outdoors?
Could you make a positive contribution to the care and education of children from a multi-ethnic, vibrant community?
You will need to have a level 3 qualification in childcare and early education (or equivalent), with successful EYFS experience in a school or setting. You could be an experienced or a new qualified practitioner.
• value the diversity of our local community and the children on roll
• be a confident and capable practitioner with the ability to promote the highest standards of care, teaching and learning
• have a secure knowledge of child development
• love playing with children and spending time outdoors with them in all weathers
• be able to maintain observations, children’s profiles and Special Books to a high standard
• have skills and confidence in working in partnership with parents
• be able to work effectively within a team.
• be committed to the inclusion of children with special needs and disabilities
• be able to maintain and extend high-quality provision both indoors and out
We can offer you a well-resourced, newly-built environment for play-based learning with a strong, experienced and friendly staff team.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidates will undergo an enhanced DBS check.
You are very welcome to come and visit, by appointment, or phone the headteacher (Julian Grenier) for an informal discussion on 020 8553 2479 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply, please ensure that you will be available for interview on Friday 30th June.
Deadline for applications: midnight, 22.6.17
Interviews: 30.6.17 at Sheringham Nursery School and Children’s Centre
Application form and further details please apply online at London jobs board
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.