REQUIRED FOR JANUARY 2018
LEAD PRACTITIONER: History
We are seeking a lead practitioner to join our History department and our committed team of specialist teachers, playing a significant role in leading learning and teaching at Little Ilford School. You will be a motivated colleague who has a proven track record of raising attainment. You will be able to take a leadership role in developing, implementing and evaluating policies and practice in the workplace which contribute to school improvement. Your role will be instrumental in delivering the Little Ilford vision of highly engaging, interactive and challenging learning experiences for our students in History.
The successful applicant will be an outstanding practitioner who has the vision, energy and drive to build on existing strengths and raise standards of attainment and progress. You will be committed to meeting the needs of all learners by ensuring that teaching is of the highest quality. You will work with the Curriculum Team Leader to communicate a compelling vision for teaching and learning in the faculty and demonstrate the strategic leadership skills to deliver significant improvements.
The successful candidate will:
- Be inspiring and ambitious, capable of ensuring that History is a popular and highly successful subject
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner with a track record of raising attainment in both his / her own classroom and with other colleagues
- Have excellent subject and pedagogical knowledge
- Be resourceful and energetic; enjoy working strategically with others to share and develop best practice
- Be skilled in using data to inform decision-making and planning
- Be experienced in working with a team of History staff to improve outcomes for all students
- Ability to teach RE or another humanities subject will be an advantage
- Provide high-quality professional development
- Support and develop you to go beyond outstanding teaching
- Provide working partnership opportunities with other schools / departments
- Provide you with an ethos where all adults are learners who take risks in order that they achieve excellent results for our students.
Little Ilford is an oversubscribed multicultural school, graded outstanding by Ofsted, with high expectations of students and staff. It is an exciting place to work and develop, where creativity and innovation are nurtured. We have extremely challenging targets for attainment and progress and the focus and determination to realise them.
‘Little Ilford is an outstanding school’
‘Teaching over time is outstanding. Every individual counts and careful monitoring and intervention systems ensure all students achieve them ambitious targets’
The closing date is Friday 13th October 2017 at 9am
Little Ilford School, Rectory Road, Manor Park, London E12 6JB
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.