Teacher of Biology
Start date: January/September 2018
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Newham Collegiate Sixth Form Centre (the ‘NCS’) is a dedicated sixth form centre established by a group of nine Newham 11-16 schools. The NCS opened in September 2014 in iconic Grade 2 listed buildings on the East Ham Town Hall Civic Complex, having been fully renovated to a high standard with nine new science laboratories and spacious teaching classrooms. Our 2017 A Level results are outstanding with 88% A*/B and 99% A*/C. The centre provides a stimulating education and personalised curriculum within a supportive environment in which students are en¬couraged to stretch themselves academically to achieve their potential. The NCS offers an academic A Level Curriculum with a specialism in Sci¬ence and Maths, alongside pathways in Hu¬manities. The A Level Curriculum and the extra-curricular programme is focused on preparing students for progression to selective and Russell Group universities.
The NCS is currently looking to knowledgeable teacher of Biology with the ability to deliver high quality lessons and achieve excellent results. If you have a passion for Biology and want to share this with students who have a thirst for knowledge and the drive to succeed, then we would want to hear from you.
The successful candidate for the Biology role will:
• Hold a relevant undergraduate degree.
• Share our vision that there is no ceiling to achievement and believe in the transformational nature of education.
• Have experience of teaching A level Biology or demonstrate a strong desire to develop the skills and knowledge to do so.
• Have a passion to share their academic interests as part of our innovative super curriculum.
• Have the ability to draw upon their professional/educational background to demonstrate their ability to successfully teach Biology to A level standard
We are looking for candidate/s to start in January/September 2018.
Closing date for applications: Monday 16th October 2017
Interviews: W/B 16th October 2017
Please apply online, for further information please contact the school direct or email: Jo Spiller email@example.com
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.