Kingsford Community School
“Seeking excellence, success & opportunity in an inspiring community where students and learning come first”
A fully inclusive school in the heart of the redeveloping Docklands region of East London
Head Teacher Joan Deslandes MA
This vibrant 11-16 school with a roll of 1500 students has excellent facilities in all subject areas. Kingsford Community School is committed to high quality inclusive education for students of whom fifty per cent are multi-lingual.
The school has achieved a range of nationally accredited awards and was rated by Ofsted in 2017 as Good with Outstanding Leadership and Behaviour.
We are seeking a committed enthusiastic person who has expertise in attending to young people’s medical needs and wellbeing. The ability to be calm, flexible whilst working under pressure is essential.
The person appointed will have experience in school welfare or a medical setting and have a sound understanding of Health and Safety at work. A nursing or medical qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
For this post, we are looking to appoint someone who:
• Has experience of pupil welfare in a secondary setting
• Has experience of working with pupils representing a range of abilities and is sensitive to the medical needs of those with Special Educational Needs
• Is willing to undertake training to keep abreast of Health & Safety requirements
• Has experience in writing or can learn to implement pupil care plans
• Able to complete administrative tasks using a range of Microsoft Office formats.
We can offer
• A committed, supportive and successful team
• Encouragement for professional development, innovation and creativity
The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Only applications submitted on the schools agreed application form will be considered.
Kingsford Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with DFE Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment regulations. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For any further enquiries regarding this vacancy, please visit our website http://www.kingsfordschool.org.uk/ or email the Recruitment Team at email@example.com or telephone 020 7476 4700.
The closing date for receiving completed application forms is Wednesday 18th October 2017
Interviews: 1st November 2017.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Download an application form