QUALIFIED TEACHING ASSISTANT for Spring Term 2018
Upton Park, London
2 form entry NOR 463
32.50 hours per week, term time only (44.86 weeks)
Salary: Scale 3 for Qualified
£14530 - £15282 inc LW
St Edward’s is a vibrant multi-cultural school with a strong Catholic ethos embedded in all we do. For many of our pupils, English is an additional language and more than 50 languages are spoken here. We are proud of our positive, caring atmosphere and strong commitment to learning, inclusion and the arts. We have a reputation for creating a visually stimulating learning environment to which all staff contributes. As a teaching school, we work closely with an alliance of schools to support other schools within Newham, neighbouring Local Authorities and across the Diocese of Brentwood.
The governors of St Edward’s are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teaching Assistant to work with pupils of various abilities either on a 1:1 basis or within classroom group sessions. Therefore the main requirements for applicants are to be flexible; enthusiastic; proactive and have a sound knowledge of the National Curriculum for pupils aged between 5 – 11yrs. It is imperative that candidates have a good level of education, both written and numerical, plus the ability to communicate well is essential as part of the role is dealing with various members of our Teaching Staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a sound knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Be committed to ensuring that every child matters
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Have a proactive ‘’can do’’ approach to tasks.
- Be familiar with school electronic systems, such as SIMs and Excel.
- Have a flexible attitude to work.
- Have a commitment to working collaboratively with colleagues, parents and governors.
- We can offer you:
- A friendly, committed and dedicated staff
- Children who are motivated and enthusiastic about their learning
- Supportive parents and governors
- Opportunities for professional developmentThis is a great opportunity for the right candidate to become part of a successful and highly motivated team. For technical enquires please call 020 8249 6946. For any other enquiries please contact the school directly. Interviews will be held on Monday 8th January 2018The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. NPW, managing recruitment on behalf of Newham School.
- Please complete your application on-line by Friday 15th December 2017
- Application form and further details please apply on line at www.newham.gov.uk
- We welcome visits from applicants. Please contact the school by telephone or email to arrange an appointment
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.