Year Group Leader (Year 4)
Curwen Primary School
- Published on:
- Closing on: Wednesday 31st January 2018
- Working pattern: Term time, permanent
- Hours: 32.5 hours per week
- Salary: Main teaching scale + TLR 2b
- DBS Check: Enhanced
- Location: Curwen Primary School
Year Group Leader
Salary: Main teaching scale + TLR 2b
The Local Advisory Board for Curwen Primary School wish to appoint an outstanding and inspirational Year Group Leader to join our dedicated team of teachers, and help maintain our current high standards.
Curwen Primary School is located very close to Plaistow tube station within the London Borough of Newham, and is part of The Tapscott Learning Trust. The school provides education for children from the ages of 3 to 11. We are very proud of our achievements and wish to continue to inspire our pupils and to see them achieve both academically and socially. We are committed to working in partnership with our pupils, families, staff, governors and the local and wider community.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a high level of expertise in teaching and learning, and is able to lead in planning engaging and dynamic lessons with their team;
- Has a good knowledge of the year 4 curriculum expectations;
- Has experience of a range of summative and formative assessment procedures, and up-to-date knowledge of effective strategies and techniques for assessing and raising pupil achievement and attainment;
- Has strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to lead and motivate colleagues;
- Is able to establish positive relationships with the school community including pupils, parents and staff;
- Has high expectations and a commitment to raising standards and broadening opportunities for our pupils as a member of our Curwen team.
We can offer:
- Well-behaved, enthusiastic and hard-working children with committed parents;
- A wonderful learning environment and dedicated team of committed, hard-working and friendly colleagues;
- An experienced and supportive leadership team who are dedicated to providing quality professional development and support to improve the life chances and experiences of all of our pupils;
- Support and network opportunities from colleagues within The Tapscott Learning Trust.
Visits to the school are highly recommended. Please contact the School Office Manager by emailing Noori Khanom at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online, and for further details please contact the school.
Closing date: Wednesday 31st January 2018
Shortlisting: Thursday 1st February 2018
Selection and interview: Wednesday 7th February 2018
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 8472 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.