Gainsborough Primary School is recruiting for a high quality, dynamic and reflective TA and HLTA to join our creative, innovative and inclusive team. As a member of staff you will benefit from belonging to Gainsborough, as well as be part of a wider support network of schools.
Gainsborough Primary School is part of Eko Trust, a Multi Academy Trust, currently made up of 4 schools. At Eko Trust, every member of our community is empowered to learn, to be ambitious and to be resilient.
The role will involve leading the teaching and learning for whole classes in the absence of the class teacher and for specific group and individual interventions. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning of learning opportunities and tasks when needed.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 3 years’ experience in an Early Years or Primary School setting.
- Has experience of successfully leading group and individual programs that impact on pupil learning.
- Uses positive behaviour management – reinforcing the language of choices, children being responsible for their choices and consistently applies agreed systems/strategies
- Ensures the safety and learning of all pupils within the class/ group.
- Has a good knowledge of the primary curriculum in at least one key stage.
- Has an understanding of techniques to assess pupil learning and how to use this information to plan/identify next steps in learning
- Is able to plan sessions around agreed learning objectives
- Establishes good relationships with pupils and staff
- Can use their own initiative (within a team and individually) and work flexibly- based on the needs of the pupils at Gainsborough
- Is committed to continuing professional development and is willing to undertake relevant training for this post
The role will involve supporting classroom learning, leading on specific intervention programmes and working, on a 1:1 basis, with our pupils with autism. Many of our children have severe learning difficulties and require support with all aspects of their day including eating, drinking and using the toilet. Teaching assistants support the children to access learning at their own level, following a personalised learning plan. The role is a challenging but rewarding one.
The EKO Trust has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.