Plashet Grove, East Ham, London E6 1DG
Head Teacher: Rachel McGowan
Teacher of English 1 Year Contract
Required for September 2018
MPS/UPS Inner London
A fantastic opportunity has arisen that means we require a qualified teacher initially for a one-year contract from September 2018 until 31st August 2019. This position would ideally suit a newly qualified teacher seeking a school to support and develop them through their NQT year.
Situated in the heart of East Ham Plashet is an outstanding multi-cultural comprehensive 11 - 16 girls’ school of 1380 students. Our Progress 8 score for 2017 is +0.88 and places us in the top 3% of schools nationally.
• A high achieving, over-subscribed girl’s school producing excellent rates of student progression and examination results. 84% of our students gained grade 4 or above in English Language as compared to 67% nationally and 70% gained grade 5 or above in English Language as compared to 51% nationally. 86% of our students gained grade 4 or above in English Literature as compared to 68% nationally and 72% gained grade 5 or above in English Literature as compared to 52% nationally. These results place us in the top 1% of schools nationally for English.
• An outstanding and highly inclusive learning environment.
• A stimulating and challenging learning environment where we as staff are as active in, and committed to, our learning as our students.
• An outstanding NQT and RQT induction and development programme.
You will need:
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent subject knowledge and skills, the ability to teach GCSE with particular emphasis on stretch and challenge.
• An unerring commitment to multicultural, comprehensive education.
• A hunger to continually expand your pedagogical repertoire.
• A growth mindset and the skills to engender this in others.
Plashet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
For further details and application documents please go to our website or alternatively contact Noreen Malik, HR Officer, on 0208 471 2418.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Application Deadline: 9.00am, Friday 18th May 2018
Interviews: Monday 21st May 2018
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.