Plashet Grove, East Ham, London E6 1DG
Head Teacher: Rachel McGowan
Trainee Teacher of History
Required for September 2018
Situated in the heart of East Ham Plashet is an outstanding multi-cultural comprehensive 11 - 16 girls’ school of 1380 students. Our Progress 8 score for 2017 is +0.88 and places us in the top 3% of schools nationally.
The school seeks to appoint a passionate and well-qualified graduate to the role of Trainee Teacher of History. This will be a salaried position.
Plashet School has a successful training partnership with Partnership London SCITT. PLS is a partnership between two existing teaching school alliances (Partnership Learning Teaching School Alliance & East London Teaching School Alliance). In choosing to train at Plashet, you will be trained by outstanding practicing teachers in an academic and high achieving school environment.
• A high achieving, over-subscribed girl’s school producing excellent rates of student progression and examination results. 91% of our students gained grade C or above in History and 30% gained grades A/A*. Our Humanities value-added score places us in the top 1% of teams in the country.
• An Outstanding Initial Teacher Training programme including a dedicated team of highly qualified Specialist Leaders in Education and Lead Subject Practitioners.
• A stimulating and challenging learning environment where we as staff are as active in, and committed to, learning as our students.
You will need:
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent subject knowledge and skills, the ability to teach GCSE with particular emphasis on stretch and challenge.
• An unerring commitment to multicultural, comprehensive education.
• A hunger to continually expand your pedagogical repertoire.
• A growth mindset and the skills to engender this in others.
In partnership with PLS, our school-centred course will give you the best foundations for learning in an outstanding school. You will experience the theory, practice, professional development on an extended placement with colleagues who have the knowledge & skills to support you in becoming an expert teacher.
Plashet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
For further details and support with your School’s Direct application form please contact Noreen Malik, HR Officer, on 0208 471 2418. Visits to the school are also warmly welcomed to discuss an application
Application deadline: Friday 18th May, 9.00am.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.