Deputy Head Teacher
Salary L6 to L10
£51,991 - £56,644
Required for September 2018
Oliver Thomas Nursery School is seeking a Deputy Headteacher who is –
- A passionate leader of early years education with a relentless drive for excellence
- An excellent communicator with the interpersonal skills to motivate others and the vision and dedication to bring about a clear strategic direction for improvement so that children, families and staff can thrive.
- An innovative thinker who can see a project through and ensure it makes difference
- Committed to supporting young children with SEND and may hold the National Award for Special
- Education Needs Co-ordination or be willing to work towards it
- A positive and solution focused team player
- Able to take a crucial role on our journey from Good to Great
What we can offer you –
- Friendly, challenging and supportive staff and governing body
- A school with high aspirations for all our children and families
- The opportunity to develop your professional skills and experience
- Exciting opportunities to take part in collaborative projects with the seven maintained nursery schools in Newham (Newham Nursery Schools – Learning without Limits).
We are a popular, inclusive and successful school and children’s centre serving a vibrant, diverse community in the heart of East Ham.
Our work is fully integrated with our children’s centre services. Together we work in partnership with other agencies, local settings and schools to ensure the very best outcomes for children and families.
Through our close partnership with Newham’s Best Start in Life team and the GLA funded Working Together Project we support early years settings across our area of Newham to develop practice and support the very best outcomes for Newham’s under 5s.
Our strapline ‘Happy, Challenged, Unique’ celebrates our commitment to ensuring every child thrives in our setting.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged. Please contact Nicola Hayden, Headteacher through the school office on 020 8552 1177 to arrange a time to visit or to discuss the role.
Closing date: midnight, Sunday 17th June
Short listing: Monday 18th June
Interviews: Wednesday 27th June
Oliver Thomas Nursery School and Children’s Centre
London E6 6BU
Tel: 020 8552 1177
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.