Teacher of the Deaf– main scale (TLR dependent upon experience + 1 SEN point (salary also includes inner London weighting)
REQUIRED BY – January 2019 or sooner
Selwyn Primary School is part of the Leading Learning Trust.
Executive Head teacher – Emma Nicholls
Please visit our website for further information about Selwyn Primary School.
We are looking for a practitioner with:
● Evidence of being a good/outstanding teacher
● QTS and Qualified Teacher of the Deaf.
● Ability to undertake specialised training for auditory/oral approach.
● High expectations of pupil outcomes, in particular- high expectations of the achievement of children with moderate to complex learning difficulties
● Excellent organisational skills
● A strong work ethic and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, parents and governors
● The ability to create a stimulating and inclusive learning environment where all pupils make good and better progress
● A commitment to own professional development and willing to undertake specialised training
● Experience of working with pupils with a range of special educational needs, including children working at P levels
● Experience of developing language programmes and intervention programmes
● Experience of using standardised assessments to track and monitor progress
● Good communication skills and is able to work within a supportive framework of colleagues and parents.
● Experience of liaising with relevant outside agencies.
● The ability to lead by example and inspire, motivate, challenge and support an enthusiastic team of support staff.
A trainee Teacher of the Deaf would be considered or a teacher who would be willing to undertake the mandatory qualification.
We can offer the right candidate: excellent CPD and professional development opportunities including pathways into furthering your school leadership within a vibrant, friendly and dedicated school community. There is an opportunity to train as a Teacher of the Deaf for the right candidate.
Closing date for applications: 13th July 2018
Interviews will take place during the week commencing: 16th July 2018
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.crb.gov.uk and in the recruitment pack. We are fully committed to safeguarding children.
Selwyn is a medium-sized, inclusive school for children aged 3 to 11. Our school is the sponsor of the Leading Learning Trust. There are 510 pupils on roll including part-time nursery pupils. Selwyn is the Newham resourced school for deaf pupils who are fully integrated into mainstream.
Selwyn has a well-established Inclusion Team. In our SEN review (October 2016) by Diane Rochford, the resourced provision was described as ‘a very strong provision’. The report also reported a strength of the provision as ‘A highly structured and specialised team with strong leadership of a range of different and well qualified specialists supporting the deaf provision.’
Visits to our school are encouraged and are most welcome.
Selwyn Primary School,
Cecil Road, London, E13 0LX
T 020 8471 6173
The Leading Learning Trust has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.