ELEANOR SMITH SCHOOL
Job Title: Class Teacher
Hours: Full time
Salary Main Pay Scale + SEN Point
We are a forward thinking Special School looking to recruit a teaching post for January 2019. We cater for pupils from Reception to Year 11, with social, emotional, behavioural and mental health needs.
The school is part of Eko Multi Academy Trust in the London Borough of Newham, in East London. We are a school that supports pupils holistically. We develop their talents and interests, both inside and outside of school. We offer an inspiring, enriched curriculum tailored to meet individual pupil’s aspirations.
Eleanor Smith School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The School is committed to developing the emotional resilience and academic progress of all our pupils.
Typical duties will include but are not limited to-
- Ensure the full implementation of the National Curriculum Orders for all subjects , or the Foundation stage content as defined in current DfE documentation and in accordance with school policies
- To create a positive, stimulating and innovative environment for learning. Maintain a well organised classroom with appropriate displays, resource areas and materials
- Plan and implement a curriculum to meet the needs of all pupils and develop personal and social aspects of learning
- To develop effective ways of overcoming barriers to learning and sustain effective teaching
- Keep under review the methods of planning and delivery of curriculum, recording pupils progress and make any required assessments
- Monitor and report the quality of pupil attainment to the Head Teacher and Governing Body
Our Ideal candidate will-
- Have qualified teacher status with experience of teaching all age ranges in a multicultural setting
- Experience of SEN classes
- Experience of planning and managing the work of teaching assistants
- Willingness to continue professional development relevant to the post.
If you wish to arrange to visit the school please contact Anne Hart on 0208 471 0018.
Please send all completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 12th October 2018
Shortlisting: Friday 12th October 2018
Interview: Wednesday 17th October 2018
The EKO Trust has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please download the EKO Trust Teaching Application form and send completed application forms to: email@example.com