Teaching assistants at Edith Kerrison Nursery School and Children’s Centre
Together we play talk, listen and learn
Pay scale from 2 to 3 will depend on qualifications
36 hours a week, term time only
Temporary contract until 31st August
Edith Kerrison Nursery School and Children’s centre is a family focussed setting where children, parents and staff play and learn together. Please visit our website to find out more about the setting at www.edithkerrison.newham.sch.uk
We are looking to appoint Teaching assistants for our expanding 2-3 years provision and our 3-4 years provision.
At Edith Kerrison staff work flexibly across the setting and are expected to be committed to the highest quality care for young children following a key person approach. Staff are confident to teach small group sessions; work as part of a team and in partnership with parents.
Successful candidates will:
· place the child’s needs first;
· teach playfully inside and outside in all weathers;
· have a commitment to EYFS and a secure knowledge of child development;
· have excellent communication skills with children and adults;
· be committed to the inclusion of children with special educational needs and disabilities;
· be mature in outlook, sensible and patient;
· hold or be working towards level 3 equivalent in childcare and education;
· be ICT literate;
· hold GCSE pass or equivalent in Maths and English.
We can offer you:
· Experience of working in a team with highly supportive, experienced and friendly practitioners;
· A high quality and well -resourced environment;
· Further professional training to support your role.
· Parents that get involved and support their children’s learning.
There is a two part interview process.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the part one interview process.
Part one: visit the setting and be observed playing with the children. Successful; candidates will progress to part two: An interview to be held on the same day.
Deadline for applications: 26th October
Shortlisting: 29th October
Interviews: 5th November at Edit Kerrison Nursery School and Children’s centre
Application form and further details please apply on line.
We are committed to safeguarding children and these posts are subject to a satisfactory enhanced CRB check and references.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.