MARYLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL AND CHILDREN’S CENTRE
Scale 4: Point 18 £17,334 - Point 21 £18,808.49 (Actual salary)
Temporary Contract to July 2019
We are looking to appoint an academic assistant who is enthusiastic and dedicated to raising standards. This role will involve working with the Inclusion Manager to organise interventions for pupils including SEND pupils. In addition, you will be working alongside our teachers and independently, in raising the achievement and attainment of our pupils through small group teaching of both Maths and English.
What makes Maryland the place you want to be?
- Staff are supportive and innovative
- Pupils have a good attitude to learning and are enthusiastic
- The indoor and outdoor learning environment is stimulating
- There is opportunity for developing your career further
What makes you the person we want at Maryland?
You should be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent literacy and numeracy skills through higher level GCSE’s and A Levels
- Ability to deliver Special Needs Programmes and Interventions
- Show a commitment to giving all children equal access and opportunity to all areas of the curriculum
- Promote high expectations of pupils’ learning and behaviour
- Be prepared to work across a range of ages supporting individuals, groups or classes independently when requested, delivering lessons planned by the teacher or from a scheme of work
- You will not be expected to carry out the classroom organisation tasks of a teacher assistant, or to do playground or lunchtime duty
Closing date for applications – Friday 26th October 2018
Maryland Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance and references will be checked. A qualification declaration questionnaire is required for this post.
Gurney Road, London E15 1SL
020 8534 8135
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.