Speech and Language Therapist – PO2
(Term Time, Part time - 3 days per week, Permanent)
REQUIRED BY – As soon as possible
Portway Primary School is part of the Leading Learning Trust.
Executive Head teacher – Emma Nicholls
Head Teacher - Jacqui Waine
Please visit our website for further information about Portway Primary School.
You will be working primarily with children with ASD or speech, language and communication needs.
We are looking for a practitioner with:
- Knowledge and specialist skills in Autism that includes experience of interventions such as SCERTS, Attention Autism, PECS, AAC and Lego therapy.
- High expectations of pupil outcomes, in particular- high expectations of the achievement of children with SCLN.
- Excellent organisational skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, parents and governors
- The ability to create a stimulating and inclusive learning environment where all pupils make good and better progress
- A commitment to own professional development and willing to undertake specialised training
- Experience of working with pupils with a range of special educational needs, including children working at P levels
- Experience of developing language programmes and intervention programmes
- Experience of using standardised assessments to track and monitor progress
- Good communication skills and is able to work within a supportive framework of colleagues and parents.
We can offer the right candidate: excellent CPD and professional development opportunities within a vibrant, friendly and dedicated school community. With expert supervision under our occupational therapy provider Whole Child Therapy.
Closing date for appliations: Friday 9th November 2018
Interview date: To be confirmed
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.crb.gov.uk and in the recruitment pack. We are fully committed to safeguarding children.
Visits to our school are encouraged
The Leading Learning Trust has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.