Teaching Assistant/Adults Supporting Learning (ASL)
Salary: Unqualified: Scale 2- point 12 pro rata
Qualified: Scale 3- point 14-17 pro rata
35hrs per week (8.30- 4.00 Monday to Friday during term time, variation to end time by agreement)
One year contract initially- with the likelihood of extension.
Gainsborough Primary School is recruiting for a high quality, dynamic and reflective TA and HLTA to join our creative, innovative and inclusive team. As a member of staff you will benefit from belonging to Gainsborough, as well as be part of a wider support network of schools.
Gainsborough Primary School is part of Eko Trust, a Multi Academy Trust, currently made up of 4 schools. At Eko Trust, every member of our community is empowered to learn, to be ambitious and to be resilient.
- Our schools are vibrant and multi-cultural centres of learning.
- Our children are happy and love actively learning.
- Our children leave with the resilience and motivation to continue their successful learning at the end of Year 6 and through to secondary school.
- We are proud of our schools and excited by what we can achieve together.
- high quality, personalised induction
- excellent tailored professional development opportunities which enable staff to develop their own practice and impact others nationally
- a highly engaged staff who work hard together and thrive in a happy, friendly environment
We are looking for staff who:
- strive to make a difference to outcomes for children
- demonstrate good organisation, reflection and communication skills
- value teamwork and are able to build strong professional relationships
The role will involve supporting classroom learning, leading on specific intervention programmes and working, on a 1:1 basis, with our pupils with autism. Many of our children have severe learning difficulties and require support with all aspects of their day including eating, drinking and using the toilet. Teaching assistants support the children to access learning at their own level, following a personalised learning plan. The role is a challenging but rewarding one.
If this post if for you, please contact Lauren Collins for more information about the role.
Closing date: Monday 19th November 2018 at midday
Interview and teaching session: Week beginning 26th November 2018
To apply for this post please complete an EKO application form online.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including DBS. (School name) and Eko Trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
The EKO Trust has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.