St James’ C of E Junior School
Experienced Class Teacher required for April 2019 or sooner
Dates: Apply by 4 pm, Tuesday, 22nd January 2019
Salary: Main scale, plus a TLR allowance is available for the right candidate
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Experienced Class Teacher required for April 2019 or sooner St James' C of E Junior School is a vibrant, multicultural, multi-faith, friendly and ever improving school. All visitors to our school comment on our wonderful children and our caring ethos. We are a "good" school (Ofsted, May 2017) and we are proud of our children, the community we serve and the team which is St James'.
We are focused on raising standards through outstanding learning and teaching and we are looking to appoint an outstanding practitioner with a proven record of achieving good progress for the children they teach. This teacher will be committed to continuing and contributing to our positive; warm yet professional team and have at least two years' class teacher experience. In addition, teachers applying will be enthusiastic, passionate and hardworking individuals that are:
* able to demonstrate outstanding teaching skills;
* determined to help raise standards;
* highly motivated and hardworking;
* committed to working flexibly and effectively, as part of a team, in a supportive environment;
* a team player, open to coaching and mentoring.
We can offer:
* "....a school in which pupils are happy, parents and carers are supportive and to which staff are proud to belong.” (Ofsted, May 2017);
* friendly and supportive staff;
* a welcoming caring community and a highly motivated professional staff team;
* a pleasant working environment;
* subject leadership opportunities;
* possible TLR for candidates with suitable experience;
* a free car parking space in our school car park;
* excellent opportunities for training and development, including bespoke leadership training;
Visits to the school are warmly invited, and actively encouraged. Please make an appointment to meet with the Headteacher, Shirleyann Jones through the school office. St. James' Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full DBS disclosure is required.
Closing date for applications: 4pm, Tuesday, 22nd January 2019
Interviews and lesson observations will be held week commencing 28th January 2019
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.