St James’ C of E Junior School
Tower Hamlets Road
Forest Gate E7 9DA
Required for January 2019
Experienced Academic Assistant
Qualified: Scale 3
36 hours per week, term time only. (39 weeks)
St James’ C of E Junior School is looking to appoint an experienced and reliable Academic Assistant to join our friendly, hard-working and supportive team.
We would like to meet you if you have experience working in partnership with teachers to support the needs of individual children and working in intervention groups, particularly maths intervention. A calm approach is essential. The successful candidate will be flexible and enthusiastic, have experience in leading and supporting maths interventions with a willingness to develop their skills.
The purpose of the job :
- To support the education and welfare of pupils as directed by managers and class teachers, having due regard to the school’s aim’s, objectives, schemes of work and policies, and relevant national requirements.
- To share in the corporate responsibility for the well-being and discipline of all pupils.
- To provide day-to-day support for pupils, teachers, the curriculum and the school.
- To support a range of different ability groups including more able, less able and children with SEND or EAL.
- To run and track interventions, including maths interventions.
We can offer:
- A friendly, supportive and professional team.
- A pleasant working environment.
- Opportunities for development.
St James’ is committed to the safeguarding of its pupils and employees. References will be obtained before the interview and the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday, 14th December 2018
Interviews: Week beginning Monday, 17th December 2018.
Application form and further details are available from Sharon Davis, Office & Finance Manager,
St James’ C of E Junior School, Tower Hamlets Road, Forest Gate E7 9DA. Tel: 020 8534 4030
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.