UQ 3a (£25,644) – UQ 4b (£28,643)
Monega Primary School is looking to appoint an Assistant SENCO to start in January 2019.
To assist in managing the provision for pupils identified as having Special Educational Needs.
To assist the SENCO in supporting high quality teaching, effective use of resources and high standards of learning and achievement for all pupils.
Duties and Responsibilities
The primary role of the Assistant SENCO is to support the day to day operational work of the SENCO. This includes, but is not limited to the following;
- Deployment and leadership of learning support staff.
- Assisting the SENCO with the identification, assessment and provision for all children with SEND and to deputise for the SENCO if required.
- Raising standards of SEND student inclusion, attainment and achievement by monitoring and supporting pupil progress.
- Liaising with the learning support staff, class teachers and outside agencies and where necessary refer students to the appropriate external agencies for further support.
- Monitoring student progress through the use of Individual Education Plans.
- Planning and delivering in consultation with the SENCO, suitable programmes of work and in class strategies for pupils with SEND.
- Keep detailed records of the progress of key students receiving receiving learning support including writing and reviewing Individual Education Plans and Annual Reviews.
- Taking every opportunity to positively engage with parents and carers, forming strong levels of communication regarding all SEND issues related to their children.
- To write or assist with applications for statutory assessment.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience of working with pupils with complex needs.
- Think strategically
- Inspire, challenge and support pupils and other adults.
- Maintain resilience in the face of challenge.
- Engage positively and constructively with parents and carers in support of their children.
For an application form and further details please apply on line at https://www.jobsgopublic.com. Please note we do not accept CVs or application from recruitment agencies.
References will be requested prior to interview.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service in accordance with safeguarding children and safer recruitment in education. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.crb.gov.uk.
Closing date for application is Friday 11 January 2019
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 22 January 2019
Monega Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.