Children’s Centre Manager
36 Hours per week 52 weeks per year
The Beckton and Royal Docks Children’s Centre at Ellen Wilkinson opened in January 2008 and has been a huge success, achieving 2 National awards. It works across three sites in partnership with Early Start providing services in line with Newham’s ‘Best Start in Life’ offer.
We are looking for an experienced, hardworking, enthusiastic and organised person to join our staff team, in the day to day running and managing of the Centre who will also help contribute to its strategic work within the community.
This post would involve responsibilities such as: overseeing the day to day running of the services within the Children’s Centre, analysing the impact and feedback from these services, using this information to strategically plan future targeted provision within the community, leading the Children’s Centre staff team, recruiting providers for services for 0-5’s, undertaking marketing activities to promote and publicise the centre, ensuring the parents and children receive the quality of support and provision we would expect.
Do you want to:
- Make a difference to the lives of multiple families and young children?
- Be involved with developing the community support provision for 0-5’s?
- Be part of a friendly, welcoming, and child friendly setting?
- Work with a range of different agencies?
- Manage a modern facility?
- Enjoy new challenges?
- Join a proactive and dynamic staff team?
We can offer you:
- Purpose built provision which is attached to Ellen Wilkinson Primary School,
- A wealth of support and experience both within the School and Children’s Centre
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Opportunities to work with and collaborate with other settings and agencies
- The opportunity to make a real difference in our local community
- Passionate about ensuring the best life chances for young children and families?
- An effective communicator?
- Relentless in ensuring children are heard and safeguarded?
- An experienced Children’s Centre Manager or Deputy Manager?
- Passionate and positive?
- Driven by a 'make it happen’ attitude?
- Analytical and strategic?
- Solution driven?
- Determined to have best outcomes for all children?
Then this could be the job for you!
Visits to the Children’s Centre are welcome and encouraged. If you would like to arrange a visit please call Nadia Walker on 0207 474 0654.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply through the Jobs Go Public site, where the advert has been placed. If you require any further information about the post please contact Nadia Walker on 0207 474 0654.
Closing date: 15.02.2019
Shortlisting week commencing: 25.02.2019
Interviews week commencing: 04.03.2019.
The successful applicant will have to meet the requirements of the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.