Avenue Primary School
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator
Job starts: September 2019
Salary: MPS/UPS (Inner London Allowance) + TLR 2B
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Avenue Primary School is a diverse and vibrant large four-form entry primary school which prides itself on its high levels of inclusion and positive atmosphere for learning.
We are looking to appoint a second highly motivated and dedicated SENDCo to join our experienced inclusion team.
We look forward to hearing from you if you are excited about being responsible for ensuring that learning support is effective and inclusive and that delivery of provision leads to high pupil outcomes, achievement and attainment.
• Motivated, friendly children with high standards of behaviour
• An ethos of commitment to raising standards
• Exciting opportunities for professional development and leadership progression
• A supportive Governing Body and parents and carers who work in partnership with the School
We ask that you:
• Are able to evidence good and outstanding teaching experience across the Primary phase
• Are ambitious and interested in your own professional development
• ave excellent leadership and management skills
• Have the NASENCO qualification or be willing to undertake the relevant training
• Have a good understanding of the SEND code of practice and its implementation
• Have experience in conducting assessment of learning needs and planning appropriate curriculum provision and interventions for pupils with SEND.
Further information about our school can be found at www.avenue.newham.sch.uk. We are located in Meanley Road, Manor Park, London E12 6AR.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. For further details and to arrange a visit please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Findley–Bennett on 020 8553 5682.
The closing date for applications is on Friday 29th March 2019 at 00:00am. The interview date to be confirmed.
Avenue Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all our staff to share this commitment. All staff are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check as well as qualifications and reference checks. A disqualification declaration questionnaire maybe required for this post.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.