Required: Immediate Start - School Cook / Kitchen Lead
Employer: Community Links Academy Trust
Salary range: SP.32 £25,780.74 - £28,168.24 (pro-rata 46 weeks per annum)
Closing date: 29th March 2019 5pm
Community Links Academy Trust are currently looking for a School Cook for our 5 star rated kitchen.
As part of Community Links Academy Trust, you will be joining an inspirational and ambitious Trust, which strives for excellence in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for its pupils.
The overall purpose of Job
To safely provide, plan, prepare, cook and serve nutritionally balanced school meals.
Role and account abilities
- To be responsible for all post related inspections from local authority as required.
- To be responsible for menu planning and portion control.
- The postholder reports to School Business Manager
- To prepare and cook meals daily.
- To organise and supervise the food service.
- To allocate duties and responsibilities to kitchen staff; general supervision including staff induction and hygiene training.
- To take responsibility for the ordering and receipt/checking of food cleaning equipment and materials according to the schools “Food Safety Management System”
- To ensure that all supplies of food and equipment and cleaning materials are of the right standard; to check on all deliveries on receipt.
- To monitor the performance of catering staff, and to recommend remedial action if urgent.
- To ensure the health, hygiene and security of all personnel on the premises, according to statutory regulations.
- To ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all kitchen and dining room equipment; to organise and take part in all necessary cleaning.
- To assist in the control of costs through following recommended menus and recipes.
- To maintain necessary records e.g. stock taking ensuring records are accurate and up to date.
- To complete and check time sheets and other related staff documentation.
- To liaise, as required, with catering staff, suppliers, school business manager and others concerned with the running of the services.
- To provide and maintain records necessary to the DfE’s school food in England.
- To deal with complaints arising from the delivery of the service in a timely manner.
- Such other duties, within the competence of the Postholder, which may be required, reasonably, from time to time.
- To adhere to all school policies and procedures.
All applications will need to be made in reference to the School Cooks’ Job Description and Person Specification
An application pack can be obtained from our website:
Please return the completed application form along with a personal statement to:
Closing date: 29th March 2019 @ 5pm
Interviews will be held on: 4th April 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to and champion equality and diversity in all aspects of employment with Newham Partnership Working and the London Borough of Newham. All employees are expected to understand and promote equality and diversity in the course of their work.
How to apply
Please download application and submit to http://www.education-links.org/