Unqualified Teacher (P.E. Specialism) and Sports Engagement Lead
Required from September 2019
Unqualified Teacher 1a (£20,909)
Gallions Primary School is a happy and successful school based in the heart of Newham. We are a large school serving a richly diverse community with an enthusiastic and committed team.
We are now seeking a highly motivated, organised specialist P.E. teacher to work across the school. Working closely with all Year Groups, the successful applicant will teach whole class P.E. lessons during PPA rotations, as well as other learning across the curriculum, as agreed. The role will also involve raising the sports profile within the school and beyond, ensuring children are given opportunities to engage in wide range of sporting events
The successful applicant will be:
· Passionately committed to ensuring the highest standard of learning in P.E./Sports
· Proactive in raising the profile of sports and to developing engagement opportunities
· Able to motivate and inspire pupils to achieve and maximise learning experiences
· Committed to ensuring all pupils are able to access learning, to progress and to thrive
For the successful applicant will offer:
· An opportunity to make a positive difference to the lives of our children and families
· An enthusiastic and supportive team
· An exciting career opportunity and ongoing professional development
Closing date: Friday 29th March 2019
Shortlisting: Monday 1st April 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 3rd April 2019
We welcome informal visits from prospective applicants for a tour of the school and an initial conversation with the head teacher. Please contact Shazia Hussain, headteacher. Telephone: 020 7476 1252 option 6 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
Also visit www.gallions.newham.sch.uk for further information about the school.
Application form and further details please apply on line at npw.
For general enquires please call 020 8249 6943.
The schools in the New Vision Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.