Headteacher of Central Park Primary (Part of CPD Schools Federation)
Required September 2019
Salary: L25 – L31 (£79,675 - £91,089)
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Having recently formed a Federation with another Newham school (Dersingham Primary), Central Park is looking to appoint an ambitious and devoted Headteacher for September 2019 with high expectations, a track record of successful leadership, vision and commitment to further strengthen our school and achievements. The post will involve working closely with the Headteacher of Dersingham and Executive Headteacher of the Federation.
Central Park Primary is a large, vibrant 4 form entry school in Newham that serves a culturally and ethnically diverse community in East London. Our latest Ofsted inspection in January 2018 graded Central Park as a Good school.
There is an emphasis on the continued development in not just the core academic subjects but also in the foundation curriculum. Children develop and foster good social, moral and personal skills through positive staff role models. Pupils at Central Park make very good progress and there are good provisions for pupil welfare, support and guidance throughout the school.
We believe Central Park has many special attributes and are seeking a Headteacher who will reinforce these, and who can inspire children, staff, parents and governors and motivate them to achieve outstanding status and ensure the best possible outcomes for every child in the school.
Applications are welcomed from existing Headteachers and those with extensive experience of leading a school.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an outstanding, dynamic leader with an excellent understanding of how children learn.
• Has a proven track record of effective leadership in raising standards and the leadership of staff across the school.
• Will be committed and relentless in pursuit of excellence and have a vision for education, with the strategic leadership and communication skills needed to deliver this.
• Has a commitment to working strategically, leading the Leadership Team, colleagues and parents.
• Will build on our ethos of inspiring children for exciting futures.
We can offer:
• Well-behaved, enthusiastic and hardworking children, with committed parents and ambitious Governors.
• A talented and hardworking school team, committed to providing a strong curriculum to develop the whole child and striving towards outstanding.
• Support from our Executive Head Teacher and our other partner school.
We encourage you to visit Central Park Primary School so that you can see our wonderful facilities and our enthusiastic and creative pupils.
To arrange a visit, please call Alix Williams (PA to Executive Team) on 0208 472 5588, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply on line at https://ats-npw.jobsgopublic.com/vacancies/list
Closing date: 12 noon on Monday 1 April 2019
Shortlisting: Friday 5 April 2019
Interviews: Friday 26 April 2019
The schools in Newham are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to hold an enhanced DBS disclosure.
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
How to apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.